The South West region is a place of great contrasts in England. This region has many great destinations, like Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Somerset, Bath and Cotswolds. Each of these places has a character of their own.
Raring to go…
South West England has a huge bag of surprises for you. As you move from city to city, notice the diversity and contrast between the olden British ways and the modern cities. Here’s what you can expect from South West England:
- Dartmoor is the biggest attraction point in Devon. It encompasses areas of natural beauty, world heritage site and national parks among others. With a cycle, you could spend hours in exploring this 368 square miles area.
- Plymouth is the cultural hub of the city. It has art galleries, theatres and live music a great place to enjoy as a family.
- The English Riviera is the gourmet’s delight of Devon. This place is filled with great options to eat as well as loaded with maritime history.
- South Devon would definitely appeal to the beach person. It has an enviable coastline and a great countryside. The gentle rolling hills merge with the wildness of Dartmoor to create great visual drama.
- North Devon and Exmoor are great for sports enthusiasts. It offers great opportunities for surfers, hikers and mountain bikers
The entire town is filled with sensational beaches, overhanging cliffs, waters for sailing and surfing. Cornwall also has great architecture in the form of its many castles noteworthy being the twin castles of Pendennis and St. Mawes. You could discover hidden coves and beaches, wooded river valleys and estuaries in your exploration here.
It is steeped in history and is a great place for history, architecture and restoration enthusiasts. It is also a cycling paradise for cyclists and there are many trails to discover in the great outdoors. Rolling hills, picturesque villages and curving river valleys Cotswolds has it all. Take your pick from walking, cycling and riding here.
Bath is synonymous with one of Britain’s most celebrated person Jane Austen. A visit here should definitely include a spa trip, visiting the Roman Baths, an English afternoon tea, a walking tour of the city, visit to the Jane Austen Centre and a taste of the locally brewed ales. If you can catch one of the many festivals, then have fun! The whole city is a world heritage site.
It has diverse attractions and is deemed as the jewel of the South West region. Home to one of the great music concerts Glastonbury, it also has a wealth of natural beauty and history. Picnic for free at its various locations or go fishing in its many rivers.
Dorset offers a variety of attractions for everyone. You could have a fun day at the museums, fish in the lakes, take a stroll along the beaches or picnic in the stunning gardens. For the adrenaline rush do rock climbing, firing guns and racing karts, you can take your pick.
Pack your bags…
The attractions in South West England are mind-boggling. Each place has a lot of outdoor activities along with tranquil zones. So head out and breathe in the fresh air there.